Patient Engagement Specialist
AndHealth is a healthcare technology company created to help people reverse chronic disease. We are driven by the goal of making world-class specialty care accessible and affordable to all. We partner with health systems, community health centers, plans, and employers to remove barriers to care to ensure all people have access to the care they deserve.
We are looking for Patient Engagement Specialists to play an important role at AndHealth. This is an onsite position located at our Health Center partner site in Columbus, OH.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Proactively engage with patients living with chronic health conditions to complete benefits verification and assist with identifying appropriate secondary coverage.
- Complete insurance verification and medication coverage determinations, and work with providers to address formulary restrictions.
- Assist with the completion of prior authorizations or appeals necessary to ensure medication access for patients.
- Regularly contact or communicate with patients regarding current medication utilizations and ongoing needs, communicating regularly with in-house or contract pharmacies.
- Complete routine reassessment of patients’ medication utilization and identify concerns or side effects patients may be experiencing.
- Consult with pharmacists or providers regarding all clinical needs of patients, routing all clinical interventions or counseling to a pharmacist or appropriate licensed clinician to complete.
- Assist patients with scheduling prescriptions, fills, or deliveries.
- Document all patient communication in specialty pharmacy software.
- Generate reports routinely to identify new patients, upcoming medication needs, and adherence-related data.
- Room patients who attend visits in person, collecting vitals, and updating labs, pharmacy, and other pertinent health information.
- At the end of in person visits, ensure that patients obtain labs while onsite, schedule follow up appointments, and have printed orders for other tests such as chest x-rays or bone scans.
- Complete health questionnaires with patients when needed onsite, leveraging tablets and other technologies.
- Assist patients with installing and logging into the AndHealth app on their mobile device.
- Manage patient medical referrals for specialty care.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Education & Licensure Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB or ExCPT), Registered Nurse, or LPN is required.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain licenses or certifications in multiple states.
Other Skills or Qualifications:
- 3+ years of pharmacy or nurse navigation experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple things simultaneously.
- Comfortable with technology and ability to adapt to new systems.
- The position may require some travel. Must be willing to travel and have reliable transportation.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Here’s what we’d like to offer you:
- Equal investment and support for our people and patients.
- A fun and ambitious start-up environment with a culture that takes on big things, takes risks, and learns quickly.
- The ability to demonstrate creativity, innovation, and conscientiousness, and find joy in working together.
- A team of highly skilled, incredibly kind, and welcoming employees, every one of whom has something unique to offer.
- We know that the overall success of our business is a collaborative effort, and we strive to provide ongoing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Company, and Paid time off, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and more.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.