AndHealth is a healthcare technology company created to help people reverse chronic disease. We are driven by the goal of making world-class specialty care accessible and affordable to all. We partner with health systems, community health centers, plans, and employers to remove barriers to care to ensure all people have access to the care they deserve.
We are looking for a Specialty Pharmacist to play an important role at AndHealth.
This is a full-time position located at a Community Health Center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Provide exceptional patient care and service to health center providers.
- Actively provide clinical pharmacy services included in the Patient Management Program.
- When appropriate, provide certain clinical services using either a protocol or collaborative practice agreement.
- Provide clinical services, therapeutic recommendations, and counseling to patients living with chronic conditions, such as asthma, dermatitis, epilepsy, hyperlipidemia, infertility, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Lupus, Migraine, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, pulmonary arterial hypertension rheumatoid arthritis, and transplant.
- Regularly review and be familiar with clinical guidelines and literature necessary to manage patients’ specialty care appropriately.
- Become a tool for providers and patients to obtain health and drug information.
- Appropriately review patients’ therapy for therapeutic duplications, drug interactions, and potential allergies.
- Actively participates in the pharmacies’ Quality Management Committee and Quality Management Program.
- Reports on Quality Improvement Projects throughout the pharmacy locations.
- Review and recommend medication alternatives, medication consolidation, and dose modification consistent with updated clinical guidelines.
- Actively collaborative with Engagement Specialists to ensure ongoing medication access for all patients.
- Review payor formularies and complete prior authorizations and appeals as necessary for patients.
- Obtain and document all required information in specialty pharmacy software as required to maintain specialty accreditation.
- Participate as a member of the Quality Management Committee, when needed.
- Participate in URAC and ACHC specialty pharmacy accreditation preparation and visits, as required.
- Precept pharmacy interns and students.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education & Licensure Requirements:
- PharmD, BS in Pharmacy, or equivalent FPGEC (NABP).
- Unrestricted pharmacist license in good standing in the state of Indiana.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain licenses in multiple states.
Other Skills or Qualifications:
- 3+ years of direct patient care experience in pharmacy is preferred.
- BLS/CPR are required (or must be willing to obtain within 1 month after start).
- Immunization delivery certification is preferred.
- 2+ years of specialty pharmacy experience is preferred.
- PGY1 residence or equivalent work experience preferred.
- CSP credential is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple things simultaneously.
- Comfortable with technology and ability to adapt to new systems.
- The position may require some travel. Must be willing to travel and have reliable transportation.
Here’s what we’d like to offer you:
- Equal investment and support for our people and patients.
- A fun and ambitious start-up environment with a culture that takes on big things, takes risks, and learns quickly.
- The ability to demonstrate creativity, innovation, and conscientiousness, and find joy in working together.
- A team of highly skilled, incredibly kind, and welcoming employees, every one of whom has something unique to offer.
- We know that the overall success of our business is a collaborative effort, and we strive to provide ongoing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Company, and Paid time off, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and more.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.